The first day of college has always been a very exciting and somehow frightening day for any student. Everyone is in two minds, with lots and lots of questions buzzing in mind. The most important one of them is What to wear? As it is a start of a new phase of life, we want to give it our best, look our best. Not just because it makes people notice us, but it also gives us the confidence to present ourselves to everyone in the new world. We want to wear something which is just right. Neither too much nor too less, just perfect. Retspec has always been your fashion police, and it is our duty to give all the possible suggestions and outfit ideas which will make you look dapper on the introductory days.
1. Classic blue denims never grow old-
These are a must have in your wardrobe. The easiest way to wear them is to pair them up with your cotton Kurtis, t-shirts or tank tops. Pick floral cotton knee-length colored to go with a dark blue or black denim. For the first few days of your college days, pair your blue evergreen denim with pop colored tank tops or solid t-shirts.
2. To help beat the summer heat, opt for flowy skirts.
Whether they are above the knee or below, skirts or solid colored dresses are in trend this season as they are easy to handle. Body-hugging tops tucked inside the skirt is a comfortable yet stylish way to attend the first day at college. It will make you look simple and sober without any extra effort.
3. Palazzo pants are in vogue.
These loosely-fit pants can be worn in any shade and print. However, be careful when mix-matching and wearing busy prints as you don’t want to commit a fashion faux pas on day one. Pair them with a bit of extra care and you are ready to roll on the first day.
4. Crop tops are something that is trending amongst teenagers. Whether you’re one with the perfect abs and don’t mind showing it off or someone who is a little conservative — remember to experiment. You can wear your crop tops over a long tight-fitted tank top. This way you don’t have to show off your navel and can stay in sync with the trend.
5. Besides clothes, it’s equally important to pay attention to accessories. You don’t want to be known as the Plain Jane of your college. Make sure to maintain a balance between not too less and not too much. Go for silver anklets, stone-studded neckpieces, floral or bright coloured cotton scarves which can also be used as funky headgear to get that chic look. What will add on to your personality is getting your hair right. Keeping it poker straight is colored.
Above all, a smile on your face and confidence to carry yourself well will just make you look perfect in whatever you wear. Let yourself loose!
This Blog is brought to you by Retspec– “A bold, curated and fashion-forward brand”.